Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Hustle and 16.4 miles

Oh goodness, I am trying to keep my equilibrium with Christmas, guest preparations, work, and, of course, running. Blogging has been pushed down near the bottom of the list. So I just am popping in to say: I am still getting in most of my running.

I did a long run of 16.4 miles on Friday! Ran/walked 3.5 on Saturday. Monday I cut my planned 7.5 mile run to just 5 and I jogged/walked home, dejected.

Last week I went to the gym around 9ish to hit the treadmill and workout. MISTAKE! I was unmotivated and tired so late at night. I didn't bring music, mantras don't work the same on a treadmill. It sucked. I would rather have ran in the dark and cold rain! I sweat for about 40 minutes or so, did the ab routine, stretched, and yawned my way home.

I decided that I am going to run only 3 days a week while kids are in town. 4 days does not feel doable and I think that the feeling of failure for missed runs will impact my overall sense of how I am doing. If I can get to the gym on alternate days, you bet I will. 3-day plan not researched yet.

I need new shoes. On the 2nd half of my 16 mile run I felt like I was running barefoot. Especially in the left foot. It felt like by foot was falling very flat, no support, no cush. Yesterday's run felt the same.

That's all I have for now. I COULD blather on quite lengthily, but ... the to-do list is screaming at me!

Christmas blessings to each of you!
Nancy, the Marathoner

No comments: